- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Every three seconds someone posts a new review on trustpilot.com. Our reviews help millions of people around the world consider and compare companies. Hundred-thousands of businesses choose our products to learn about their customer’s experiences, and to establish a trusted brand.
We’d like to be even better at using user insights to help drive decision making within product teams, and to help uncover opportunities for those teams to work on. That’s where you come in. You’ll join the Trustpilot design team and together with two other UX Researchers you will help map out knowledge gaps, plan and carry out research, and socialise what we learn. You will also work on a research program to enable others to do better research faster. And you will do all of this across our B2B and B2C domains, and across markets (UK, USA, DK, etc.).
In your role, you will:
- Manage two researchers, ensuring their wellbeing and helping them grow, as well as ensuring the quality of the research that is done.
- Partner with product management, design and engineering to plan and prioritise work, and align it with the product roadmap
- Establish and work on research program goals, eg. reduce time to recruit users for product teams
- Develop compelling ways to communicate, socialize and promote research findings throughout the company to foster an informed, user-centered mindset.
- Champion the value of research to the wider organisation. Mentor and coach people on research.
We are looking for people with:
- 4+ years of UX research experience, with a proven track record of conducting strategic and design research projects.
- Experience in mentoring / growing / leading designers and researchers and helping it flourish. Hands on management experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile work-environment. Ethnography, service design, user research or equivalent experience at a tech company or startup.
- Experience teasing out the known-unknowns, and helping product organisations excell at both the shorter term summative testing AND the longer term generative research work.
The Trustpilot R&D department. Your first “family” is the design team, we collaborate and support each other with strategy and planning, design critiques, design studios, deep dive sessions, and more structural initiatives like a shared design system. You will work closely in the design management team and report to our Senior Design Manager for business products. Your second family are all your cross-functional peers (engineering, product management, etc.) that are working on our business experience. Together we collaborate to frame opportunities, strategize, conceptualise, explore, test, and iterate our way to delivering value for hundred thousands of businesses using Trustpilot.
Get an insider's view of our R&D department here (disclaimer: this is pre-Corona, but we’ve poured our heart into a fully online onboarding program).
- An online onboarding program we’ve poured our heart into.
- Opportunities to learn new skills, and develop your career in a fast-paced company.
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Great colleagues and a supportive work culture that you can believe in.
- Competitive salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.