- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Every three seconds someone posts a new review on trustpilot.com. Our reviews help millions of people around the world consider and compare companies. Hundred-thousands of businesses choose our products to learn about their customer’s experiences and to establish a trusted brand. Trustpilot’s platform is open to all, we work with customers of all sizes and all industries.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a qualified design leader to build, manage and scale Trustpilot’s Product Design function. You work highly collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering to craft high-quality digital experiences for our customers.
As VP Design & Research you will:
- Be the voice of our customers (both B2C and B2B) and ensure the customer is represented at all levels across the business.
- Connect teams together to ensure consistent experience and design language
- Create and direct design strategy with support from Brand and Copywriting teams
- Regularly partner with Product Management to contribute to bringing the product strategy to life through a series of north star visions
- Elevate the craft of product design by introducing career frameworks and growth profiles
- Build out a user research function to bring forward quantitative and qualitative data into the design process
- Standardise design tooling, methodologies and ways of working to streamline the product design process
- Create and build out a design system function to improve designer and engineering efficiencies and consistency
- Collaborate with brand and marketing teams to ensure a seamless experience across all customer touch points.
- Have deep knowledge of iOS and Android platforms and a mobile-first design approach
- Elevate Trustpilot’s Product Design function publicly in whatever form feels natural to you: writing, speaking, tweeting, community outreach, etc.
To be suitable in this role we expect you to have:
- A minimum of 10 years design experience with at least 5 years in a people management role
- A portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates your team’s abilities to deliver high-quality user experiences
- Experience leading a team of designers in a fast-growing environment, hiring, and managing performance
- A good sense of product design, from high-level strategic direction down to UI design details - you’ve been there and you’ve shipped it.
- Be able to guide teams to translate product strategy into tangible deliverables
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Experience managing managers, coaching and providing feedback on individual and team performance, to ensure delivery of high-quality work meeting the needs of the customer and the business
- A proven record of running geo-dispersed teams
- Extensive experience in creating design systems that scale across multiple platforms and customer experiences
- Enthusiasm for building product. A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. A desire to make things better. A sense of optimism.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.