- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
As the Financial Controller overseeing the software development of the Trustpilot platform you will play a key role between tech department, accounting and Finance. A high drive for optimization, good communication skills and relationship building are the keys to success in this environment. You will collaborate with many different elements of the finance function having great visibility and access to learn something new every day. This role can be based in either our London, Copenhagen or Edinburgh office.
In your role, you will:
- Drive and optimize the process for capitalizing software development hours
- Structure the capitalization process and ensure compliance to current rules and requirements
- Work closely with the tech team in terms of following up on existing projects
- Strong and proactive communication with the tech department heads, tech staff, project management and Finance teams.
- Responsible for reporting on key numbers (expected/actual costs; expected/actual revenue)
- Prepare project data for financial audit purposes
- The go to person for the auditors for software development inquiries, you are the expert within the group
- Be responsible for the calculation of hourly rates,month-end / year end tasks and statutory Financial reporting (entities)
- Share-based payment accounting/postings (IFRS2)
We are looking for people with:
- 5-10 years work experience in similar role, preferable in a SaaS company
- Previous experience with driving the software development capitalization process
- IFRS knowledge
- High drive and persistent approach to ensuring that development hours are being recorded correctly
- Relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Ability to work well within a team and independently, self-starter
- Excellent analytical skills combined with proactive and hands-on qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate open and effectively on all levels
- Structured and detail oriented
An Accounting team, primarily based in Copenhagen, responsible for the global accounting activities for the entire group. We are 25 enthusiastic and social team members who like to have fun and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
We work closely with the FP&A team in NYC, consolidation manager and IR manager in London so you will operate in an international environment and have close contact to the Tech team in Edinburgh.
You will report to the Director of Accounting with dotted lines to the VP of Accounting & Tax.
- An international, vibrant office with over 40 different nationalities
- An opportunity to work alongside talented, passionate people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced company
- Supportive colleagues who have a desire to learn, share and innovate
- Opportunities to grow your skills and develop your career
- A competitive salary package, bonus scheme and pension
- The chance to be a part of an exciting global growth journey
- Balanced work-life environment, with flexibility and the option to occasionally work from home
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.