- Dentsville, SC
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for a talented principal engineer to join our principal engineering team to drive the implementation of our technology strategy in order to deliver best in class software and systems for Trustpilot. Working with our cross-functional teams you will help transform our architectural vision into technical deliverables.
To succeed in this role you should have a strong engineering background with informed opinions on technologies, platforms and approaches to delivery and be able to articulate ideas effectively and strive to constantly improve deliverables. Proven technical experience and the ability to facilitate effective team interaction is a must.
In your role:
- Translate the overarching technology strategy to tangible architectural blueprints and reference architectures and support teams in their adoption by the wider team
- Establish, build and own systems architecture based on blueprints with performance, scalability and maintenance in mind
- Partner with software engineers, data engineers and data scientists to define high impact solutions and deliver fit for purpose high-quality systems
- Present business benefits of technical solutions and communicate technical concepts to technical & non-technical colleagues
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of techniques, platforms, tools, and frameworks that are relevant to the tools and systems domain and work towards their adoption
- Identify emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into our operations and activities.
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve our existing engineering capabilities
- Contribute to the overall technology strategy
- Promote a culture of quality, design excellence and continuous improvement
- Mentor engineers focused on growing their architecture thinking capabilities focused on performance, scalability and maintenance
We are looking for:
- Strong technical foundation gained in a lead engineering/architect role with proven experience in system design, development and operations at scale
- Solid experience with modern cloud architectures (AWS, GCP), distributed and event-based systems. Experience with multi-account, multi-cloud strategies and architectures is a plus.
- Proven track record of experience with our core technology stack, engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation), security, scalability and performance concerns
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
- Strong organization and planning skills and the ability to manage own workload and that of others within sometimes tight timescales
- Experience with managing multiple streams of contribution
- Ability to work as part of a team involving multiple locations and time zones
- Experience in working in different delivery methodologies and an understanding of their benefits/constraints
- “20% time” - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you like!
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Work with and learn from an experienced leadership team to further develop your career.
- A flexible work environment that puts people at its core.
- A generous training budget
Some of the technologies and services we use:
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, ECS, Envoy, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, Prometheus, Grafana, GitHub, Travis and more
- Trello (for all project management, and a lot of other things), Git, GitHub
- Machine Learning, AI, Google TensorFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow, Cloud Dataflow
Node.js (TypeScript), Python
MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Druid
React, Redux, Next.js, Micro frontends
Emotion, SASS, CSS modules, Design Systems
To apply for the role please send us your resume below. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.