- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We’re looking to hire a recently qualified lawyer to join our expanding legal team in Edinburgh, London or Copenhagen. The team handles a wide range of issues in a fast-moving technology environment and we’re looking for a lawyer that’s keen to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into a wide range of challenging, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous issues at the cutting edge of online trust.
In your role, you will:
- You’ll be a key contact for escalated cases from businesses and reviewers and will support colleagues in our litigation team managing international disputes on both the defendant and claimant side;
- Identify and provide advice on novel and sometimes ambiguous legal issues, risks in a rapidly evolving and developing space;
- Ensure legal best practices are applied across new and existing processes and workflows throughout business;
- Work with the litigation team to handle legal claims as they come in and play a key role within the day to day operations of the litigation team and wider legal team;
- Operate within a multi-jurisdictional legal team at a global scale, and stay on top of legislative and regulatory requirements in key markets like the UK, CEU and the US;
- Presenting and training teams across the business.
We are looking for people with:
- UK/ European qualified lawyer NQ - 2 years PQE with experience of litigation, intellectual property/media/technology and commercial contracts;
- Training at a leading national or international law firm or in-house within the technology industry;
- A keen eye for detail and excellent written English communication skills, and an ability to understand the nuances of communicating with businesses and consumers alike and communicate complex matters confidently in simple terms
- A fun, positive, dynamic working style and ability to stay calm under pressure;
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and operating in new and sometimes ambiguous areas;
- A self-starter attitude with a willingness to learn and disseminate knowledge amongst colleagues;
- Passion for and a genuine interest in technology.
Nice to haves
- Previous in-house legal experience in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in a consumer focused business or industry;
- Experience working in a global or multinational environment;
- Project management experience, dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- Exciting and challenging legal work within a talented and well respected legal team
- Opportunity to develop your skills across a diverse set of areas;
- A high degree of responsibility and experience to accelerate your growth as an in-house lawyer;
- An opportunity to be part of Trustpilot’s international growth and scale.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.