- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
- Professional Services
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking to hire an exceptional individual to join our new Internal Audit team. Following Trustpilot’s recent IPO on the London Stock Exchange, the Internal Audit team has been established to report to the Audit Committee on a broad range of topics across internal controls, governance and risk management.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive real transformational changes as we look to put trust & transparency at the heart of everything we do. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Internal Audit engagements, and providing findings and recommendations to management, in order to maintain a strong and effective internal control environment at Trustpilot.
We’d like to hear from you if you have experience in internal controls, governance and risk management and are looking to challenge yourself and apply your skills to a growing and fast-paced technology company.
In your role, you will:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the internal audit plan to act as the third line of defence in managing risk within the business and ensure compliance with relevant guidance and requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations for the improvement of Trustpilot’s internal controls, risk management and governance.
- Work closely with Trustpilot’s Finance team to advise, test and help drive improvement of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Help maintain the internal audit cycle, including the review of finance, IT, commercial and compliance processes.
- Produce internal audit reports for Trustpilot’s Audit Committee.
- Report to our Head of Internal Audit and on all relevant matters and work closely with our internal Finance, Risk and IT teams.
We are looking for people with:
- A degree or equivalent in Legal, Finance, Operations Management, Business Administration or a related field. ACA, CIA, CISA, CIMA or another recognised accountancy qualification is desirable.
- Ideally 2-4 years of experience working with internal or external audit, 1st or 2nd line control and risk management functions, or equivalent, preferably within a software environment
- A working knowledge and experience of UK compliance requirements, such as UK Corporate Governance Code and UK SOX, and recognised risk control frameworks applicable in the UK, such as COSO. Knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act is also desirable.
- A fun, dynamic and positive personality, with excellent communication skills who remains calm under pressure.
- A high attention to detail and ability to cut through complex issues to find practical solutions and present them in an easy-to-understand manner.
- An ability to work independently and take ownership of deliverables in a fast-paced, global organisation, while maintaining close contact with stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Fluency in English.
A down to earth, fun and energetic team of talented lawyers, risk and compliance professionals who pride ourselves on being positively human and collaborative. Extensive legal & compliance knowledge is a given, but an ability to provide commercial, entrepreneurial advice in a dynamic environment is what makes us stand apart from the rest. The Trust & Transparency team is driving real change within the business and the wider online review sector, with a mission to help Trustpilot become a universal symbol of trust and upgrade the world.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- An international, fast-paced, diverse and fun working environment.
- Work-life balance and the opportunity to work flexibly.
- A vibrant culture across our Global offices
- The chance to be a part of an exciting global growth journey
- Great central locations in London, Edinburgh or Copenhagen.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.