- Date Posted
- Dec. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Do you want to be part of shaping Trustpilot at high scale? Are you a solid software engineering manager with great people skills? Are you motivated to deliver value and help others to grow? Then we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an Engineering Manager who has extensive experience building great products and applications at scale, using the right technologies while focusing on delivering value for our users. We are looking for someone with at least a few years of experience managing software engineers and knows how to grow them and make teams successful.
At Trustpilot, we work as a team and deliver as a team. The environment that we cultivate includes working with brilliant people who help each other at every step, while at the same time pushing you to bring your A-game every day. Everyone’s opinion matters and you can help come up with the next big idea that will bring Trustpilot forward. Join our team and shape the way we work. Are you up for the challenge?
In your role
- Own the delivery of major initiatives and balance delivery with sustainable engineering practices.
- Define, prioritise and facilitate the implementation of deliverables that improve functionality in support of business and customer needs in collaboration with product management.
- Facilitate cross-functional scoping, estimation and feasibility tasks for intended solutions.
- Manage and mitigate high-risk elements of initiatives, effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Ensure your teams have appropriately high technical competence and strive for excellence.
- Develop and support a great team of talented and motivated engineers, setting clear expectations via constant feedback and 1:1s practices.
- Collaborate with the engineering leadership to attract, engage, manage and retain top talent.
- Set up team members for success via creating growth opportunities, and addressing gaps in skills by mentoring and professional development coaching.
- Build a positive and high performing work environment based on transparency, accountability, and trust.
We are looking for
- Proven track record as Engineering Manager, Team Lead or a similar role where you work with people and technology, ideally from a SaaS company within the B2C space.
- Experience in delivering value to end-users using modern web and mobile technologies.
- Experience with delivering scalable systems, and the ability to raise the bar.
- You love cloud and SaaS platforms, and enjoy leveraging the services it provides.
- Experience coaching, mentoring and growing individuals and teams.
- Ability to create alignment across teams.
- A desire to help shape the future of Trustpilot, and the ability to make crucial technical decisions, in a pragmatic way.
- Passionate about empowering people on your teams to be at their best.
- “20% time” - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you like!
- Large impact to own and drive things.
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey with teams distributed across our locations.
- Work with and learn from an experienced leadership team to further develop your career.
- A flexible work environment that puts people at its core.
- A generous training budget for you and your reports.
- Some of the technologies and services we use:http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ...), Docker, CloudFormation
- Web Frontend: React+Redux, Style Components, CSS Module, SASS
Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.