- Date Posted
- Sep. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there’s still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We are looking for an experienced iOS engineer for a new mobile team focused on building a consumer facing native mobile app. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where the right candidate will have the chance to build a native mobile app from scratch for Trustpilot - a well established brand that has millions of monthly visitors.
In your role, you will:
- Build a new app from scratch to provide a native app experience to our consumer base (over 38M per month)
- Work in a cross-functional “full ownership” team, where you will take part in every step of the process of building the app from ideation and design to architecture, code, deployment and maintenance.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other engineers to deliver simple yet high impact designs and solutions.
- Focus on conversion and continuous optimizations/iterations using an analytical approach
- Play a key part in defining and pursuing the team’s iOS strategy, improvements & shape the future direction.
We are looking for people with:
- Minimum 4 years experience within iOS development. Fluency in the Swift programming language.
- Experience with entire iOS ecosystem - builds, publishing and updating apps on the App store
- Experience with Restful APIs and integrations with tools/SDKs
- Experience in Java/Kotlin/Android studio would be a plus.
- Knowledge of engineering best practices (CI/CD, configuration management, test automation).
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly in both verbal and written form.
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile, collaborative, ever-evolving environment.
- Enthusiasm for learning, both on their own and within a team, as well as the wish to communicate their own learnings to others.
A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organization, where we share both knowledge and laughter. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
You will be part of a distributed team working towards successful launch of the app & keep iterating with new features/concepts. A typical week for you will involve a planning meeting within your team, where you discuss the current tasks at hand and align on what creates the most value towards our current goals, and daily stand-ups where you can discuss the progress of your current tasks as well as any issues you might see.
You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
Some relevant technologies and services we use:
- Infrastructure: AWS (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, ...), Docker, CloudFormation
- Frontend: React+Redux, Next.js, CSS Modules, SASS, Styled Components
Database: MongoDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
Find more on http://stackshare.io/trustpilot.
- Competitive salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
- “20% time”, where you have the opportunity to innovate yourself and learn new things
- A varied workday in a positive, can-do team
- High ambitions for technology as well as deliveries
- Budget for training and learning
- Team building & Events
- To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be great for this job.
- If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Michael, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we’re a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we’re a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.