- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience—and this was one idea they wouldn’t flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 400 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most to them. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
About the team
At Typeform, the Data Operations team is making sure our data is correct, reliable, and widely accessible to everyone. And we know how important data is. That’s why our product helps people collect it in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
We believe that the role of Data Operations shouldn’t be limited to building dashboards and ETL processes: we envision a team in which we are all daily involved with the business, working together with our top team members to meet their needs for data discovery
Here’s Ilmari Aalto our Architect:
“We’re encouraged to foresee wide and resourcefully. Because today’s problems are nothing compared to the challenges we’ll face a year from now.”
We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to help Typeform bring to the gold-standard of data collection. Typeform is transforming the way people ask for information online. Come be a part of it. Join our Data & Analytics team to contribute on the data infrastructure, while working with our data scientists and other departments.
What you’ll do:
- Work with other departments on behalf of the Data & Analytics team, collecting requirements and providing support on how to exploit the existing data.
- Support our Data Scientists to build thoughtful dashboards.
- Take charge of the required data processing while ensuring sustainable and organic growth of the infrastructure.
- Advocate for a healthy data culture throughout the organization.
- You will work within the Business intelligence team reporting to the Head of Customer Insights.
- You have 3 years’ experience as a Data Engineer, Business Intelligence/Big-Data Analyst, Consultant, or similar.
- Your sweet-spot is data modeling, accustomed to implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution while taking into account the needs of multiple users.
- You are proficient in one or more BI stacks (ETL & Visualization).
- You find ways to find more value in our raw data and lower the amount of effort our end-users spend on getting answers.You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You’re accomplished at orienting users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to design BI solutions.
- You can code SQL in your sleep, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re always learning and embracing healthy debates. As a Typeform benefit, you’ll have a $1000 per year to invest in your development as you see fit.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
And for some added bonus points:
- Experience with DBT or Looker.
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other cloud data warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery).
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking and event-based analytics tools like Amplitude.
- Genuine passion for analytics, data science, statistics, machine learning.
The job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania or United Kingdom.
We’re remote firs so this job can be based in Barcelona or remotely. It’s not where you live that matters, it’s where you’re at—your skills, mindset, and attitude. We hire across the US and Europe, and you’ll join a team that suits your time zone. You’ll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. And you’ll get a $1000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus $120 per month to cover any extra expenses.Other benefits include flexible working hours and a private health insurance. Travel is hard right now, but when the world is back on its feet, feel free to stop by our San Francisco or Barcelona offices to say hi.
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customers, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender id