- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Data Science
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
Every month, tens of millions of people respond to surveys, fill check-out forms, inquire about products, and plan work with Typeform. We want to make this experience seamless, effortless, intuitive, and adaptive to each respondent, and Machine Learning (ML) is a crucial pillar to achieve this purpose.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for Senior ML Specialists to tackle complex problems collaboratively.
As a member of the ML team, you will team up not only with ML and Data Engineers but also with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers to design scalable state-of-the-art ML models behind some of the key product features, as well as models that power our product intelligence. You will be involved in all steps of the models’ lifecycle. And you’ll have to ensure that we balance end-to-end product delivery and maintenance, perform exploratory investigations for existing model improvements and new model development.
The critical areas of exploration and development include:
- Recommender Systems aimed at helping our customers discover more features and applications of Typeform in their businesses through a more personalized experience.
- User modelling by means of supervised and unsupervised ML models (regression and classification modeling, clustering, etc.).
- NLP models that can help guide our customers create better forms and obtain more and better responses.
- Models to evolve our forms into conversational agents capable of handling bi-directional conversations and responding to goal-oriented requests that do not follow a traditional tree structure associated with forms or traditional chatbots.
You have experience working on production-ready ML solutions and data products.
You understand the scalability and performance trade-offs between different frameworks, model architectures, and how to develop and maintain the ML pipeline in distributed and non-distributed environments. You have worked with Software Engineering teams to improve the product architecture and allow for easy deployment of ML models.
Here’s what you´ll do:
- Work in the cross-functional Product Intelligence team, owning the ML model development cycle: ideation, exploration, design, development, QA, experimentation, deployment and maintenance.
- Partner with the team Product Manager to ideate solutions to the identified problems.
- Partner with ML and Data engineers to meet non-functional requirements of ML services.
- Drive further improvement to our workflow for experimenting, developing, and testing new ML algorithms.
Here’s what we are after:
- You have proven experience as an ML Specialist, with a record of building ML solutions.You have experience with Python, scikit-learn or similar ML frameworks,
- You have demonstrated expertise in the areas of Recommender Systems or User modelling or NLP.
- You are an “engineer at heart”, take pride in producing clean, modular code, and have experience working with version control and continuous integration tools.
- You are entrepreneurial, self-directed and strongly biased towards action.
- You are a great team player.
- You are comfortable with a continuous feedback culture.
- You have good communication skills, and the ability to convey complex/technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
- You love to learn and continuously invest time to improve your skills.
- You are fluent in English and enjoy working in a multicultural environment.
Bonus round (not compulsory, but you’ll hit the high score):
- Experience working closely with Product is a plus.
- Experience in Deep Learning (DL) modelling and frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Experience in NLP and conversational interfaces is a plus.
- Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.