- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From digital lead forms and asynchronous video interfaces, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Dive in with a hands-on approach, to start connecting the dots of the user experience across teams and the organization, through research initiatives.
- Communicate actionable insights balancing qualitative and quantitative data, making recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, data scientists, marketers, and others across the company providing leadership and hands on support with user research initiatives at the agile team and department level.
- Embrace challenges with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Eat tasty lunches on our sunny roof terrace.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You have at least 5 years in a user research role at a digital product, consumer focused company.
- You have broad experience of evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You have a passion for making sense of user behaviour, using any available methods and are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach.
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges.
- You might have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or relevant field.
- You’re fluent in English—we use it every day.
And for some added bonus points:
- You’ve worked in an Agile environment with cross-functional teams.
- You’ve worked in a startup environment and are a creative problem solver.
- If you love user research, we’d love to hear from you. Hit the button below.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.