- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the team
The Finance team comprises 12 people split around 4 pillars: FP&A, Finance Operations, Controlling and Legal. You’ll directly report into the Director of Revenue and Accounting. You’ll join a 3 people Controlling team working on delivering timely, accurate, and compliant financial and tax information to Typeform and its external stakeholders. You’ll implement and maintain processes and related controls to safeguard Typeform assets.
About the role
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Report, bookkeeping and monthly consolidation of Typeform entities in multiple currencies.
- Support reporting process with useful analysis and commentary
- Participate in our Group monthly reporting process with accruals, deferrals and post payroll
- Perform variance analysis and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support preparation of statutory accounts in EUR, USD & GBP (IFRS, US GAAP & Spanish GAAP)
- Monitor supplier and employee re-imbursement
- Support global SaaS sales tax returns processing and filing in over 100 countries
- Support external audit process
- Automate processes and implement and monitor controls
- Work with other teams within Typeform to proactively participate in its growth and evolution
Here’s what we are after:
- You have 7+ years of progressive Accounting experience in tech international environments (preferably SaaS)
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar finance role
- You have a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You have great analytical skills and advanced spreadsheet capabilities (Excel)
- You have strong double entry knowledge
- You have experience producing reports with useful commentary
- You are self-motivated with good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have sales Tax knowledge
- You have a full knowledge of IFRS
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You have advanced written and spoken English
- You posess experience building cross-functional relationships with key external and internal stakeholders as well as with business leaders
- You can handle pressure and ambiguity without compromising quality of work
It’d be amazing if you also have:
- You have ERP experience in NetSuite
- You’re a qualified Accountant
- We’re now a remote first company so this job can be based anywhere in Spain or in the UK. You’ll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You’ll get a €1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus €120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.