- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Team
The Finance team comprises 10 people split around 4 pillars: FP&A, Finance Operations, Controlling and Legal. From FP&A, we strive to become business partners for the different departments, focusing on providing financial support of any kind, on analysing and reporting business and financial performance, and last but not least, on planning and forecasting the impacts of business operations.
About the Role
Reporting to the Corporate FP&A Manager, you’ll be the responsible for consolidating all the reporting and performance analysis of the group. Besides, you’ll be projecting operations and cash flow of the company in the future; managing and consolidating the inputs from the analysts/business partners of who help the different departments to plan and track their revenue impacts and spend. In this role, you’ll have exposure to M&A, managing valuations, modelling, due diligence and managing relevant stakeholders through an M&A process.
What you will do:
- Build and analyze financial models used to budget and forecast financial results during forecasting cycles
- Define the annual financial/operation planning and budgeting process (5-year plan)
- Monthly reporting of KPIs and performance of the business
- Consolidate of the inputs from the Business Partnering team who support different departments of the company in monitoring & forecasting operations, revenue impacts and spend
- Improve upon and build quarterly, annual, and longer-term strategy, financial and cash flow plans and forecasts to be regularly reported to the management team and investors
- Assist in preparing management reports and board of directors packages summarizing P&L and cash flow performance and various SaaS KPI analysis for the acquired business
- Presentations to relevant stakeholders about the performance of the company/team/business unit
- Define, implement and monitor key processes in the organization related to Finance
- Leading and/or involvement in M&A processes (valuation, modelling, managing involvement of relevant stakeholders, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc business analysis and drive continual process improvements linked to efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of planning & analysis activities
- Ad-hoc analytical support to optimize resource allocation decisions and minimize costs while maximizing value
Here’s what we are after:
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance being at least 2 of them in Financial Planification and Analysis
- 2+ years of recent experience at a managerial level, managing flows of information, at a mature company private equity held or public
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize in a fast-paced, very high-growth environment
- Background in M&A, Corporate Finance or Private Equity
- Prior exposure scaling up a company to become public (IPO)
- Deadline obsessed and used to complex reportings and forecasting models and to report such information to relevant stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills make you feel comfortable working proactively with executive management
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Passion for problem-solving, high energy, strong work ethic, willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get to the results
- Analytical thinking and modelling-freak
- Familiarity with SaaS companies and tech industry (and you thrive on the challenge!)
- Solid knowledge in budgeting and forecasting. You’re structured, organized and process-driven
- You’ve experience in investment tracking and evaluating business performance
- Native of proficient English; both written and spoken
- Fast learner, tech-savvy and adaptable to change who excels going the extra mile
- Prior experience automating processes and data flows
It’d be amazing if you also have:
- Big Four experience is a plus
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.