- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Team
You’ll work closely with our engineering teams to create unbeatable human experiences.
We put fun at the heart of everything we do—and set ambitious goals to push things forward. Come help us shape the future of online data collection.
Are you someone that likes to keep everything running? Are you focused on automation so you can keep making things better, rather than fire fighting all the time? Are you organised, proactive, and able to keep a cool head? Are you passionate about building and maintaining the best infrastructure possible? Are you always “on” and ready to solve the next problem? Are you a good human being? If that sounds like you, then we should talk.
About the Role
What you’ll do:
- Help design and run our cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Run applications (PHP, Go, NodeJS, python, etc) on an Orchestration platform using tools like Kubernetes, Terraform and Docker
- Ensure that all pieces are under appropriate monitoring and logging
- Maintain and automate test environments for devs and QA
- Ensure service availability and be part of an on-call rotation
- Keep our infrastructure clean, our servers cool, and our beloved Typeform alive
- Create tools to give developers more autonomy over the platform in which their services run, so they can own the deployment lifecycle, monitoring, etc
Here’s what we are after:
- Experience with configuration management tools—ensure changes are always applied by code
- Knowledge with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Solid *Nix experience.
- Comfortable programming in Python, Go, Bash or others, and writing tests for it!
- Experience on Kubernetes, DC/OS or Docker Swarm.
- Knowledge on basic protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and debugging traffic.
- Experience with HTTP tools like Nginx, Varnish, HAproxy
- Happy to share goals with developers, and want changes to be deployed sooner rather than later
- Speak English fluently
For bonus points, you:
- Understand the importance of Continuous Delivery concepts and processes
- Have deep and broad AWS knowledge
- Have worked with self-healing systems, auto scaling, etc
- Have previous experience handling high amounts of traffic
- Have vast experience with schedulers like Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon or similar with some sort of service mesh in use.
- Sound good? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.