- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the team
We are looking for our first US Legal Team member who will share with us the interest in engaging legal issues and who apply a creative and thoughtful approach when providing legal advice. As a SaaS business, we often operate on the leading edge of the legal sphere, where the law struggles to keep up with technology and the rules get fuzzy. This makes our work very interesting. So, if this is something you’d be passionate about & you want to work in a hands-on scaling up environment while working for a private company we’d love to have you on board.
About the Role
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Have primary responsibility for negotiating, drafting, & advising on a broad range of customer-facing agreements, including SaaS Enterprise Agreements & ancillary documentation related to sales deals, such as NDA’s, order forms, DPA’s, partnership agreements, & other related agreements.
- Provide legal advice and a proposed course-of-action in connection legal risks and other matters
- Proactively detecting business improvement areas and assessing business-oriented solutions, addressing compliance with any applicable requirements
- Work with internal clients and important partners, mostly sales, but also operations, security, finance, & management teams, by providing general guidance and advice on relevant legal topics.
- Coordinate with the Director of Corporate Counsel any remediation steps to be taken
- Manage the day-to-day corporate secretarial matters ensuring that statutory registers are up to date.
- Assist the company in meeting any compliance requirements, particularly in the field of corporate law.
- Draft contracts from scratch, assisting the Director of Corporate Counsel in the creation of templates and validation of other legal documents.
- Coordinate with the Director of Corporate Counsel any strategy decisions in any of these fields to ensure departmental alignment.
- Building up solid and long term relationships with the peers in other departments, ensuring appropriate communication channels to support the success of the assigned tasks.
- When reviewing contracts and other legal matters, takes into consideration both a legal and business perspective liaising, when necessary, with other departments to ensure holistic legal advice.
- Coordinate service provider relationships, liaising with external stakeholders such as auditors, law firms, notaries etc.
- Monitor and coordinate with the legal team any changes in the legal environment that may impact the company, and coordinate potential actions accordingly
- Build relationships with & support other members of the legal team.
Here’s what we are after:
- 6+ years of working experience in a Law firm (preferably international)
- Significant experience in corporate governance matters (commercial, corporate, public, and compliance law), as well as negotiating and drafting a wide range of legal documents (e.g. collaboration agreements, license agreements, NDAs, etc).
- Law Degree by an accredited US college
- Admitted to a US bar association
- Expertise on corporate governance matters
- Prior exposure scaling up a company to become public (IPO)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail. You’ve demonstrated in the past creative thinking abilities, flexibility to change, and planning skills that allowed you to manage and coordinate several matters at the same time for meeting deadlines
- Tech savvy and innate curiosity for IT-related stuff
- Active, can-do and ‘chase-to-solve’ attitude
- Solid oral and written communication skills. Ability to convey clear, concise, unambiguous, user-oriented messages.
- Approachable and friendly, ability to liaise with several teams and in several time-zones
- Active, can-do and ‘chase-to-solve’ attitude
- Administrative and managerial skills
It’d be amazing if you also have:
- Prior in-house lawyer and SaaS experience will be considered
- Familiarity with other fields of law (such as employment, public, or privacy law).
- International background / experience
- Compliance experience
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages will be considered
- Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.