- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
Here’s what you´ll do:
- Work together with the Director of Corporate Counsel in defining the strategy of the department and the addressing of the legal risks faced by the business
- Provide legal advice and a proposed course-of-action in connection with any matters and legal risks by proactively detecting any business improvement areas and assessing business-oriented solutions
- Addressing compliance with any applicable requirements and improvement areas in the company. You will coordinate with the Director of Corporate Counsel any remediation steps to be taken
- You will assist Typeform in negotiating commercial agreements and, in particular, supports the Sales department by providing general guidance and advice
- You’ll also assist Typeform in meeting any compliance requirements, particularly in the field of corporate, administrative and compliance law. You will drafts contracts from scratch, assists the Director of Corporate Counsel in the creation of templates and validation of other legal documents
- You will centralize and oversee the reporting activities and metrics of the department, by ensuring its accurateness and reliability.
- You will builds relationships with peers in other departments, ensuring appropriate communication channels to support the success of the assigned tasks
- When reviewing contracts and other legal matters, you will take into consideration both a legal and business perspective liaising, when necessary, with other departments to ensure holistic legal advice
- You will mentor the Junior Legal Consultant in the department and help identify leaning & development possibilities
Here’s what we are after:
- At least 8 years of working experience, preferably in an international law firm
- Experience in corporate governance matters (commercial, corporate, administrative and compliance law), as well as negotiating and drafting a wide range of legal documents (e.g. collaboration agreements, license agreements, NDAs, etc.).
- Admitted to practice law in Spain / Europe
- Tech savvy
- Curiosity for IT-related stuff
- Active, can-do and ‘chase-to-solve’ attitude
- Fluent in English and legal English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail. Candidates will further demonstrate creative thinking abilities and flexibility to change.
- Solid oral and written communication skills. Ability to convey clear, concise, unambiguous, user-oriented messages
- Approachable and friendly
- Law Degree by an accredited European / US college
It’d be amazing if you also have:
- Prior in-house lawyer and SaaS experience will be considered
- Familiarity with other areas of expertise (such as labor, administrative, or privacy law), or other legal systems (US) will be considered
- International background / experience
- Understanding of privacy laws in Europe and US
- Compliance experience
- Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you’ve got.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.