- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and asynchronous video conversations, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
Typeform is a versatile platform used by customers across many jobs ranging from market research and customer feedback to customer acquisition or e-commerce checkout. Currently, every month close to 200,000 people sign up with Typeform.
About the role
Crafting meaningful conversational experiences and getting value from the data collected is a team sport; it’s better when done together. This is especially true in a world where remote working is ever faster becoming the norm.
That’s why we’ve made the new Platform a top product priority in 2021 and are looking for a talented Group Product Manager to lead the implementation, review and go to market of Apps that will define the new generation of Typeforms.
If you’re excited about being a co-protagonist of the future of Typeform, then keep reading!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Play a pivotal role in shaping and driving Typeform as a Platform strategy and execution for our Apps experience team
- Be the owner and gatekeeper of the quality of the Apps that will be built on top of our Platform thanks to a new SDK and not just adopting existing APIs and webhooks
- Work closely with Engineering, Design, Advocacy, CS, Partnerships, Strategy, Research and Marketing teams to have a holistic approach to the extensibility of our Platform via first and third-party developed Apps
- Deeply understand the market ecosystems, marketplaces and the value of synergies and commercial opportunities via strategic partnerships
- Being curious and up to date with latest technical trends and the increasing wave of data and feature touch points across worldwide digital assets
- Being comfortable in having technical conversations with your Engineering counterparts
- Find out what matters to our and our partner’s customers and prospects through a close collaboration with the Partnerships team, always keeping our Product strategy as the north star direction
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders from the wider Product team, Marketing, Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success and align them and the wider company around your team’s mission, roadmap and success stories as well as learning points
- Closely collaborate with the Core Platform teams in Barcelona and be flexible to have meaningful synchronous communications in addition to asynchronous check points
- Own the backlog and the roadmap for your team, planning new uses cases to enable on top of our Platform together with the Product development team in Barcelona and being able to measure the success of new releases, apply new learnings to your strategy and use storytelling to communicate to the rest of the company
- Be the expert of your product domain and relevant market landscape
- What are the must-haves for this role in terms of job experience?
- A minimum of 7-8 years in Product Management
- You must have experience building and launching new products or features on top of new SDKs as a PM in a cross-functional team, ideally for B2B SaaS products
- You’re used to gather data through both qualitative and quantitative approaches (user research, A/B experimentation, usability testing, data analysis, competitor and market analysis)
- You will own the E2E process, from discovery, sizing the opportunity, validating, coordinating, executing and covering the GTM.
- Previous experience in managing PMs and/or Engineers
- You’ve got experience working with Partnerships, Sales and Marketing and love to establish relationship with external stakeholders and be the face of Typeform’s Ecosystem
- You have had previous exposure to the challenge of building a new SDK and develop value on top of it, thanks to marketplaces
- You’re familiar with SaaS metrics, product analytics and take a hypothesis driven approach to product development
- You know how to dig into data to make informed decisions and know when to use your intuition to move forward, always in collaboration with your peers
- You’re impact driven and have a consistent history delivering results for both customers, partners and the business
- What are the must-haves for this role in terms of qualifications and education?
- Degree in computer science or related disciplines
- Certifications and/or course attestations in product management
- What are the must-haves for this role in terms of soft skills?
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- You’re passionate about solving problems for customers via apps and integrations built on top of SDKs and can distill vague and complex issues into a clear plan of action
- You are a team player and consider a win only if that was achieved as part of a broader plan that involves multiple internal stakeholders
- You love collaborating with Engineers and Designers and have first-hand experience using product discovery methods, design thinking and agile software development practices
- You’re passionate about SaaS products and have a good knowledge of both the SMB and Enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- You’re able to lead cross functionally and are comfortable speaking with Sales and Partnerships people as much as you are with Designers and Engineers
- You’re a self-starter and dedicated to continuous self-development in the product management discipline
- What are the nice-to-haves for this role?
- MBA with a recognized business school
- Previous experience working in a B2B SaaS company with specific Marketplace experience
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit Apply—success might be just around the corner
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.