- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Future Of Work
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realised it was one idea they wouldn’t flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 400 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will provide the technical direction and up skill fellow Engineers. You will also be an important contributor to our Engineering organisation’s strategy, branding and new ideas. This can vary from influencing the Platform team roadmap to finding opportunities to spread knowledge.
- This is a high impactful role with the opportunity to shape Typeform’s history as it’s an important position to affect our most strategic projects.
- Find out more about our Engineering Value Proposition here.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Oversee 1 squad’s technical vision and roadmap. This includes raising the technical bar by including toil reduction, technical debt, tooling, migrations.
- Build multi-quarter target architectures together with all partners, including defining the contracts and boundaries with external teams
- Contribute to the our technical roadmap.
- Autonomously research and implement solutions that are secure, scalable, resilient and easy to maintain reusing existing solutions.
- Identify and improve production metrics that are affecting the teams and customers.
- Oversee important interviews of the hiring process to ensure we attract and retain qualified talent.
- Represent Typeform on public forums related to your technical domain.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool for the project. Even better, you’re comfortable with Go or PHP.
- You’ve got experience working with AWS and Kafka
- Love to analyse a complex technical challenge to anticipate risks, technical gaps and potential issues.
- Can produce and implement fresh ideas.
- Identify and iterate audacious goals, assessing and taking risks, to guide division forward in advancing the product.
- Have the capacity to recognise quality, and the lack thereof, in the work of your team(s).
- Have a passion for helping others grow through technical excellence.
- You’ve got 10+ years of professional experience with modern backend development technologies and stacks.
- We’re now a remote first company so this job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain. We also recruit remotely in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania and the UK as long as you do not require visa sponsorship. You’ll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You’ll get a €1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus €120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
- Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner
Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.