- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Design & UI
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
About the role:
Vouch is already the preferred insurance provider to customers of Silicon Valley Bank, Brex, Carta, WeWork, and more. As we continue to forge new partnerships with some of the most commonly used tools for startups, we need a Product Designer to own and maintain a seamless experience for these customers.
As a part of our growing design team, this role comes with visibility outside of Vouch, and at times allows for collaboration with designers, engineers, PMs within high-profile partner organizations.
In between partnership projects, this critical role will expand to include refinements to the existing Vouch app, helping us launch new features into our application, quote, and checkout process.
- Work closely with PMs and external stakeholders to design seamless hand-offs from partner tooling to Vouch experiences, as well as Vouch experiences directly within partner environments.
- Maintain a seamless bridge between the partner experience, Vouch native experiences, as well as our human-driven workflows.
- Think creatively within the constraints of the insurance industry, aiming for step change improvements as well as iterative refinements.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, underwriting, and sales stakeholders to create designs and collaborate on technical implementation
- Share continued learnings about our customer and advocate best UX practices to the broader Vouch Insurance team
- +3 years of web/app experience as a professional UX or Product Designer
- Proven track record of solving complex interactive customer problems
- Clear cross-team communication skills
- Experience working with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Good understanding of responsive design techniques
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated industries
- Experience working with user research, marketing, and brand to create assets that meet the needs of our partners and their clients as well as Vouch’s guidelines
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
- Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
- If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org