- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Financial Services
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
This is not a manual QA position. Vouch desires to make an investment in scenario-based test automation and increase prevalence of quality automation with dedicated testing infrastructure engineering. As a Lead Software Engineer on the SDET team at Vouch, you will help build an engineering culture that enables quality in all software development teams at Vouch. This role is unique and offers the opportunity to take on high impact projects that impact every part of the business.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Develop, implement and evolve test automation frameworks, tools, and services to help us release with confidence
- Analyze production issues, identify test gaps across the entire testing stack and make systemic improvements to Automation testing
- Engineer insurance-specific scenario fabrication software for testing, working directly with Vouch Insurance personnel
- Maintain test infrastructure stability in non-production environments
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Work with teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage, especially ahead of large releases
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with test automation
- Experience in designing and building scalable automated test frameworks, tools, and services for testing backend services.
- Experience working with engineers to collaborate on test automation scenarios in a microservices environment
- Experience interacting with REST API for test data setup or testing
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment and quality checks in that workflow
- Experience working with cross-functional scrum teams
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.