- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
This role will require a willingness to develop the necessary knowledge of professional lines products and develop skills to better assess risks and exposures. In this position, the Broker’s main responsibility will be supporting the management of the existing book and assisting in placements; while learning all aspects of professional lines insurance at Vouch.
In this role, the Broker provides basic technical expertise and administrative support to the other placements team members to facilitate the process of market placement, client service, and account processing.
This is an operational role that supports the Placements Team by assisting with organization, daily operations, communication with clients and account management support, quoting process, proposal creation, pipeline and sales force maintenance.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Provides necessary administrative support to the Placements Team
- Incoming placement request management for the team
- Manage all account documentation.
- Maintain Sales Force system and follow-up for receipt of policies, endorsements, inspections reports, correspondence, claims, etc. from outside sources.
- Requesting and keeping track of missing information from outside sources
- Process binders, invoices, and tax filings forwarding the binder and invoice to Advisors
- Assistance in accounting procedures such as invoicing
- Works closely with the production team in gathering information for submission on web-based insurance portals.
- Gather blank new/renewal applications and send to the production team
- Create web-based submissions as needed
- Send the submission to carriers
- Creates Proposals, spreadsheets, cover letters and presentations, etc
- Assist in creating Placement Certificate of Insurance
- Participated in continuing education to develop professional lines product knowledge
- Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry through regular attendance of workshops, seminars, literature reviews and/or formal continuing education.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2+ years of insurance experience (e.g., insurance account management, customer account management success)
- Ambition to master cyber/E&O coverage and exposures
- Experience in retail agency/brokerage or insurance company environment preferred
- Dependable, positive and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Will seek guidance when needed
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- P&C License required
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Basic understanding of wholesale insurance coverages, forms and processes preferred.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.