- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance and risk solutions for startups and founders with tailored insurance designed for technology startups. With new and innovative ideas, we are delivering the right insurance and risk solutions for our customers.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product we are seeking a creative, motivated, and innovative commercial P&C underwriter to underwrite a broad array of startup businesses across 10 coverage lines.
As a key member of the Insurance team, you will play an integral role in our underwriting process. You will be responsible for underwriting accounts within Vouch guidelines and underwriting strategy. Evaluate risk and structure solutions appropriate for our insureds. Provide advice and suggestions on underwriting-related issues. Develop positive relationships with insureds in support of our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Underwrite individual accounts in accordance with Vouch’s underwriting philosophy, guidelines, and service level standards.
- Monitor underwriting risk to deliver target loss ratio (PLR) all while supporting the unique strategy and model of Vouch - suggest underwriting changes as needed (in coordination with Underwriting Operations and other functions)
- Ensure adherence to underwriting guidelines.
- Support marketing efforts and share insights and knowledge with the broader Vouch organization.
- 2+ years experience in commercial P&C Underwriting - Direct underwriting experience and technical understanding of management, professional liability, or general liability & property.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with the ability to improve underwriting guidelines that integrate the customer’s perspective, user experience concepts, auto decision orientation, and our go-to-market strategy.
- Adept at bringing creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
- Startup experience or fast-paced environment
- Experience underwriting software, hardware, or life science industry classes
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.