- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
As a member of the underwriting operations team, you will play an integral part in ensuring our customers have a great experience when requesting additional service for their policies with Vouch. You will be responsible for ensuring the underwriting operations team meets our internal and external Service Level Agreements with high accuracy through monitoring and managing the day-to-day workflow and productivity of the underwriting operations team.
- Monitor workflow and team productivity related to policy servicing and endorsement activity to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements while maintaining acceptable levels of accuracy
- Develop target metrics and KPIs to measure team and individual productivity as well as accuracy
- Assist with development of reports to monitor team and individual productivity, accuracy, and quality as well as adherence with Service Level Agreements
- Develop team and individual productivity and accuracy goals
- Training for existing and new Underwriting Operations team members
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for policy servicing and endorsement processes
- Manage and develop standard operating procedures for policy servicing processes
- Assist with execution of policy servicing and endorsements as needed
- 2+ years experience as a team leader of an operations function
- Experience developing productivity metrics and measures
- Excitement around helping individuals achieve goals to support achieving overall team and organizational goals
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal
- Relationship management: Collaboration and interpersonal skills and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in Underwriting or Insurance Operations
- P&C Insurance experience
- P&C Insurance license
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.