- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Based, which means that team members are expected to live near one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays with 1 day of flexibility. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
Vouch is expanding our Insurance Operations team and looking to bring on an Underwriting Process Lead that will work with our Underwriting Operations Manager and other key leaders. The role will entail a mix of process and procedure analysis and documentation and process improvement and implementation management, process flow mapping, change management, project management, and development of key analytical tools, reports, and assessments. In addition, assist with the execution of customer requests for mid-term changes to policies and other policy servicing activity (endorsements, cancellations, certificates of insurance, and renewals).
- Dig into the processes, procedures, workflow, data, and help create new reports and analyses to find opportunities to improve the logic of our automated systems and processes.
- Working with the UW Operations team and other cross functional partners, analyze and document current state processes, explore process and procedural pain points or problem areas..
- Recommend and assist with implementing process improvements to make our underwriting processes and policy servicing processes more automated and efficient with the goal of increasing speed and accuracy to improve both internal and external client experiences..
- Partner with Engineering and Business Operations to define and deliver business cases to help quantify the scope of a problem, the value of a solution and to help inform prioritization and roadmapping processes.
- Define a framework or monitoring and measuring current process efficient as well as process improvements to quantify success (or failure)
- Clearly communicate process improvements opportunities to help facilitate agreement and gain support for process experimentation.
- Create and maintain operating procedures and process documentation to reflect and align with the current state of how they are executed.
- 3+ years experience working in fast-paced and analytical insurance environments
- Proficient project manager that’s previously lead multiple processes and systems simultaneously while delivering on deadlines for improvements via process flow mapping
- Ability to drive and manage change to create new perspectives by developing key analytical tools, reports, and assessments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including a qualitative and quantitative skill-set, with the ability to use data and analytics to drive desired results.
- Highly proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement automated processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to organize disparate data from a variety of reporting sources into internally consistent and efficient information.
- Ability to perform research through the use of internal and external information resources.
- Work with cross-functional teams to make decisions based on data and process analysis
- Pure process improvement, focusing on both the people and tools we have
- Working with enablement team to improve technology and efficiencies
Nice to have:
- Experience in insurance with a focus on commercial and business coverages
- Undergraduate degree in insurance and risk management; MBA or other similar education
- Experience with a high growth company or start-up
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.