- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Management
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Linked, which means that team members must live within a 2-3 hour commute from one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be able to easily come into the office on an as-needed basis. We expect team members will be in the office on average 3-4 days per month. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
As a key member of the Insurance team, you will play an integral role in coordinating our underwriting strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring alignment of underwriting strategy and guidelines, underwriting development related to new coverages or segments and drive underwriting aperture expansion. In addition, you will develop positive relationships with underwriting, product, sales, success, marketing and partnerships in support of our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
Specific activities and responsibilities may include:
- Lead research and development of new underwriting segments and products or coverages
- Act as subject matter expert and lead liaison in driving system changes related to underwriting.
- Special underwriting projects:
- Complete research and analysis on technical underwriting topics
- Act as project manager for key underwriting projects
- Ongoing analysis of key competitor’s underwriting process, rules, and practices
- Provide guidance to actuary and Vertical Underwriters as well as potentially drive implementation of necessary changes or updates
- Analyze and report on the impact of implemented underwriting changes
- Oversight and coordination of underwriting guidelines across Vouch
- Monitoring underwriting trends, risk trends and helping to educate underwriters and other key stakeholders, including core underwriting
- Researching enhancements and changes to underwriting guidelines and managing a process to ensure stakeholder input and ultimate execution of these enhancements or changes
- Auditing systems for compliance with underwriting guidelines
- 5+ years experience in commercial P&C and/or related project management experience
- Deep appreciation for the client and client experience
- Strong analytical capabilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with the ability to improve underwriting guidelines that integrate the customer’s perspective, user experience concepts, auto decision orientation, and our go-to-market strategy
- Adept at bringing creative insurance ideas to solve ambiguous problems
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize high impact work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
- Startup experience or fast-paced environment
- Experience with predictive modeling, straight through underwriting, and successful project leadership and execution
- Data query and analysis capabilities
- Experience using industry research tools like AM best guides, S&P, and ISO
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.