- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
We are looking for a frontend engineer to join our Investing team. In this role you will design, implement and ship best in class web interfaces and web platform infrastructure for all of our investment products. The team is a cross-functional client-facing team that builds the entire user experience around our investment accounts from onboarding and merchandising to managing every aspect of the accounts. We balance new multi-month feature development with ongoing improvements to existing features. Code gets deployed daily and usually makes up several major projects a year.
Note: This role has the option to be U.S.-based remote or based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the Investing team, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of backend, web and mobile engineers to build features and enhance existing features
- Collaborate with our design team to create the best user experience for Wealthfront clients
- Join other web engineers to triage and resolve operational issues, ensuring that mission critical systems and services operate smoothly across the Wealthfront platform
- Get an opportunity to work with the leadership team to define Wealthfront’s investing product strategy and impact our clients long term
- Help craft future architecture, tools, and engineering principles the web platform will use
- Iterating on our test, build, and deployment infrastructure
Our Tech Stack
- Our Rails web server backs a client-side application built using Typescript, React, Redux and D3
- Our automated testing infrastructure uses a variety of frameworks and libraries including Jest, React Testing Library, RSpec and Puppeteer
- We rely on in-house solutions for feature gating, A/B tests, analytics, and continuous deployment
What You Have
- 2+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with any modern frontend framework like React.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or a similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
- Passion for test-driven development, automated testing, and continuous integration
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.