- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Design & UI
- Financial Services
About the role
Wealthfront is looking for a product design lead to chart the future vision for our investing product. Wealthfront’s investment product pioneered automated investing by offering broad access to sophisticated investing strategies at a fraction of the cost of traditional financial advisers. But that was only the beginning of a much broader vision for how our investing product can serve our mission to build a financial system that favors people over institutions. You’ll focus on evolving our product to meet a broader set of needs consumers have for investing and growing their savings. Your work will be a key pillar in our growth strategy to acquire new clients and expand our share of wallet. You’ll work with a high-performing cross-functional team with deep expertise in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Investments Research. Success in this role requires a healthy balance of excellence in craft as well as product vision.
Our investing product is just another way we’re delivering on our vision to optimize and automate all of life’s finances, something we call Self-Driving Money™. If this gets you excited, we want to hear from you!
Design at Wealthfront
Unlike many companies where designers are trained to make incremental changes and work through a chain of hierarchy to advocate for bold new ideas, designers at Wealthfront are expected to be innovative, creative and strategic, because design is critical to realizing our vision. Designers are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers and data scientists. In an environment where we’re making big bets, and innovation is encouraged, we embrace failure and care much more about the magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in the executive staff that collectively make all critical strategic decisions.
We’re open to this role being remote if we find an ideal fit.
- Partner with cross-functional leads to drive investment team strategy, metrics and roadmap that align with company strategy and focus
- Lead multiple design projects across different product development lifecycles
- Collaborate with broader design team to share feedback and elevate overall product quality
- Collaborate with research teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses and refine user experience decisions
- Mentor and support design team members
- 5+ years of experience in a product design role in consumer tech
- Experience working across the product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end
- Experience with using data to inform design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills