- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer!
One of the biggest hurdles when trying to save money is just that — actually doing it.
That’s where our vision of Self-Driving Money™ comes in. Wealthfront fully automates your savings plan according to your financial goals and directs your money to the right accounts. Choose your preferences and let our automation pay bills and move savings to the right places — whether it’s an emergency fund, a category towards your short-term goals, or a long-term investment account with a diversified portfolio of funds.
- That’s a lot for an all-in-one finance app.
- And that’s where you come in.
Wealthfront empowers our clients to manage and grow their money, and our content gives them the clarity and confidence they need to do so. Our Content Designers are empathetic people advocates. We’re interested in what our clients need to know, what they don’t, and how to organize and present that information in the most useful and inclusive way. The right information made accessible empowers our clients to achieve their financial goals.
Our craft here is called Content Design, but maybe you’re a Content Strategist, UX Writer, Experience Designer, or just someone who’s passionate about humanizing product experiences, untangling jargon, and who loves writing clear, concise content. As a member of the design team, you’ll immediately take on meaningful, strategic projects to shape product experiences that help our clients consume information and navigate their financial situations.
If you join our superstar content team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Write clear, concise UX/UI copy for products across multiple platforms and touch points, including end-to-end flows, onboarding, notifications, emails, FAQs, and error messages
- Define and execute a content design strategy for your teams’ products and features
- Develop systems, standards, and workflows to improve the ways we work as a content design team and collaborate cross-functionally
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
- Be a tireless advocate for the client point of view
In return, here’s what you’ll get:
- A challenging role (in a good way) translating complex ideas into clear, concise content to make personal finance more approachable and relatable
- Lots of autonomy over your work (no micro-managers around here)
- Hands-on learning about financial technology, investing, research, design, and so much more!
- An entrepreneurial working environment (we encourage everyone to act like an owner)
Relevant experiences and mindsets we’d like to see. Ideally, you have:
- Up to 5 years experience in similar roles
- A portfolio that demonstrates how clear communication can make or break a product experience. More specifically, we’re looking for a range of content and writing abilities for product experiences, such as product screens, notifications, microcopy, emails, FAQs, style guides, and patterns.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders (ex: product managers, UX designers, and engineers)
- Confidence working in an iterative, agile environment, and can quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate content approaches within constraints
- An understanding of UX design principles and best practices
- The ability to influence the user experience beyond just content
- Good self-direction and are able to manage multiple projects across teams and navigate ambiguity
- Experience with content standards and best practices for web and mobile interfaces
- An eye for the details and an interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing
- A desire to help develop excellence in the craft of UX content design