- United States
- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Design & UI
About the Role
A person’s financial life is intimately connected to their dreams — from the home where they’ll live to the travels they’ll take to the future they picture for themselves. As a pioneer in automated investing and money management, Wealthfront offers tools and services to make more of those dreams possible for a broader range of people than ever before. The Creative Team at Wealthfront is searching for a Senior Designer to help us find innovative, engaging ways to bring our brand promise to life with conceptual flair and impeccable execution.
You’ll be responsible for creating a wide range of awesome things: developing new assets to support a tentpole brand campaign and designing swag, dreaming up unexpected (and unexpectedly fun) ways to illustrate complicated financial concepts and delivering the kinds of creative ideas that no one would ever expect from a financial institution.
Our Senior Designer will be a hands-on builder, expert in Figma and the Adobe Suite, who nit-picks pixels and never settles until the typography is perfect.
You believe in our mission
You know that money can be both intimidating and empowering, and you feel invested in Wealthfront’s vision of how Self-Driving Money can reduce worry and enable our clients to live their lives more fully. You are motivated to make a meaningful impact, to improve the financial system, and to define a brand that is working to do just that.
You sweat the small stuff
You recognize that the line between ok and exceptional can be very very thin, and you work ceaselessly to stay on the correct side of it. You make considered decisions in your work, can defend your creative choices, and are ready to revise your opinions in the face of compelling arguments because you care — deeply — about making the work the best it can be. You have high expectations for yourself and the people around you.
You expect your work to serve the team
You know that your way isn’t always the right way, and you’re eager to find a way to contribute, even when it might be outside your typical skill set. You understand there’s always more you can learn, and you look forward to opportunities to add to your creative arsenal.
You are resourceful and enterprising
You think like an owner, are solutions-oriented and adapt quickly to the constraints and challenges of a fast-paced rapidly growing business, with a small team. You have experience working with cross-functional partners, vendors and external agencies.
You create memorable, engaging brands
You have experience both creating and finding moments that bring a brand to life. You’re happy designing matchbooks, Instagram ads, billboards and everything both in between and beyond. Whether big or small, you look for ways to intersect consumers lives to communicate a brand truth in a way that feels relevant, authentic, and memorable, regardless of channel or medium.
- 5+ years experience as a designer in an agency, production studio, or in-house creative team
- Demonstrated expertise in Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in digital, print and non-traditional media, including collaborating with developers and doing press checks
- Some combination of motion graphics, illustration, photography/videography, and/or video editing skills a plus
- Experience working on notable consumer brands
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.