- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Design & UI
About the role
Wealthfront is looking for a senior or staff product designer to help bring to life the future of investing, helping a new generation begin their journey of building long-term wealth.
Wealthfront pioneered automated investing by offering broad access to personalized investing strategies at a fraction of the cost of traditional financial advisers. But that was only the beginning of a much broader vision that explores how we can give people substantially more control over how they invest while still making it effortless and confidence-inspiring.
To help deliver on this vision, you’ll lead projects that introduce new types of investments to Wealthfront, help people navigate a growing universe of what they can invest in, and help people make smart investment decisions.
Your work will be a key pillar in our strategy to acquire new clients and expand our share of wallet. You’ll work with a high-performing cross-functional team with deep expertise in Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Investments Research. Success in this role requires a healthy balance of excellence in interaction and visual craft as well as product vision.
Design at Wealthfront
Unlike many companies where designers are trained to make incremental changes and work through a chain of hierarchy to advocate for bold new ideas, designers at Wealthfront are expected to be innovative, creative and strategic, because design is critical to realizing our vision. Designers are expected to define problems, new opportunities and solutions that are deeply rooted in human psychology and behavior as well as a sound understanding of our technology and business, all in very tight collaboration with engineers, product managers, researchers and data scientists. In an environment where we’re making big bets, and innovation is encouraged, we embrace failure and care much more about the magnitude of success versus percentage of times we are successful. And unlike many organizations, design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in the executive staff that collectively make all critical strategic decisions.
This role has the option to be located in Palo Alto, CA or remote.
- Lead design projects across the product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to shipping
- Partner with cross-functional leads to influence team vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Collaborate with broader design team to share feedback and elevate overall product quality
- Collaborate with research teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses and refine design decisions
- Mentor and support design team members
- 3-5+ years of experience in a product design role in consumer tech
- Experience working across the product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end
- Experience with using data to inform design decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills