- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
At Wealthfront we believe everyone’s personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. We’ve paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $20 billion in assets...and we’re just getting started. So if you’re passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is currently hiring a senior finance professional to join its established FP&A team. This individual will lead the FP&A team, run the monthly close alongside their Accounting counterpart, and deliver monthly financial reporting packages to the executive team. The FP&A Manager or Director will be a key contributor to corporate and financial planning processes and is expected to interact with senior executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Close/Reporting (50%)
- Lead the monthly review of Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Statements of Cash Flow (direct & indirect) by preparing variance reports and forecasts.
- Help oversee month-end close activities.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement enhancements to existing reporting and business processes.
- Budgeting/Planning (25%)
- Leverage insights from the month-end close and other projects to improve the quality of Wealthfront’s operating and financial models.
- Assist in maintaining Wealthfront’s consolidated corporate financial model with other Finance team members.
- Collaborate with the VP of Finance and business leaders throughout the company to support long-term corporate planning projects.
- Analysis (25%)
- Support the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial presentations
- Refine systems, modeling tools, and techniques to support business growth and seek out process improvement opportunities.
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions. Analyze data and financial and business metrics used by the company and senior management.
- 5-10 years of experience in an FP&A role or similar corporate finance role. Experience building out teams a plus.
- Unquestionable ethics. High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance, legal contracts, and employee information.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to calibrate communications to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- A proven ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating creativity and judgment while prioritizing appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling and enterprise accounting software (e.g., Netsuite). Database experience (e.g., SQL) a plus.
- Solid understanding of corporate finance and advanced accounting concepts required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to functional VPs and senior executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Economics related field.
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.