- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Financial Services
Wealthfront is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join the finance and accounting team in building a scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic and high-growth business. The individual will perform a critical role interacting with senior executives as well as external third parties including partners, auditors, and regulators. The Internal Auditor Manager will need to exhibit strong technical, project management, and communication skills necessary to navigate a complex environment and cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer, working closely as a partner to the Director of Accounting, Chief Executive Officer of Wealthfront Brokerage LLC and will be charged with identifying and executing opportunities to drive scale in the financial operations. You will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization.
- Participate in the audit planning process, which would include formulating and determining the scope of review
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits
- Identify issues and root causes and develop actionable recommendations for improvement or remediation
- Develop clear and concise work papers including scope, objectives, procedures performed and findings/deficiencies
- Discuss findings and recommendations with appropriate management personnel
- Regularly track and communicate status of work in progress to the management
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in determining compliance with policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established timelines
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of a specified area, prepare associated audit work papers to exacting standards and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Formulate and implement risk-based audit programs; provide consultative advice to management
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports for designated audits and conduct remediation testing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or CIA preferred or working towards one of those designations
- 6+ years of internal audit experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or financial service and tech industry experience desired.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a macOS environment.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.