- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
We’re looking for a SecOps Engineer to join our Security team. In this role, you will leverage your deep systems software development expertise to build, deploy, and maintain tools to keep the company and our clients safe amidst the rapidly evolving threat landscape. You’ll work with a broad range of systems, both in our production and corporate infrastructure, to identify and remediate threats. As part of our Engineering organization, you’ll partner with IT personnel and other engineers to design, configure, and build tools to meet our business needs while ensuring security and privacy is considered from day one.
This role has the option to be based in Palo Alto CA, Boston MA, or remote (U.S).
As a core member of the Security team you will:
- Build custom software and integrate with third-party tools to improve our security posture in a broad range of areas including endpoint detection & response (EDR), data loss prevention (DLP), identity & access management (IAM, IDP, PAM, MFA), and log collection for our security information and event management (SIEM) platform
- Build tools to automate common IT and Security tasks
- Identify and implement networking controls and maintain critical network infrastructure like our corporate VPN
- Develop monitoring and alerting to surface potential threats in our infrastructure
- Participate in the Security on-call rotation, triaging and remediating security incidents throughout our production and corporate systems
Before applying, please be sure you have:
- A passion for security and privacy
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux systems and at least 2+ years of experience running and troubleshooting applications and services in production
- Systems-related software development experience in Go, Ruby, Python, or similar languages
- Experience building infrastructure as part of a Security, IT Security, or IT Operations team
Qualities which will move you to the top of our list:
- Proficiency with at least one infrastructure as code tool such as Chef, Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
- A BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Provide you mentorship and guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to run projects which match your professional goals.Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.