- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
We’re looking for a Senior Devops Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, where you will build and maintain the infrastructure and services that run in our data centers and support our customer facing products.
Wealthfront’s Infrastructure team adheres to the principle of “infrastructure-as-code” and brings strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure.
We’re a modern infrastructure team, and we leverage open source software such as MariaDB, NGINX, Jenkins, Chef, Kibana, and Grafana to deliver automated infrastructure to our clients and every member of the Engineering team.
If you are a new College Grad please check our University section for positions.
As a core member of the DevOps Team you will:
- Design, implement, and deploy internal tools to accelerate productivity for the wider Engineering team
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating software deployment, infrastructure configuration, and database cluster management and tuning
- Expand our continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines and orchestration tooling
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs)
- Participate in our on-call rotation, troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Participate in post-mortem reviews of incidents and take corrective actions to improve our systems
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Experience maintaining and/or tuning relational databases is required. In particular we are looking for experience with MS SQL Server and MySQL (or a related product such as MariaDB or Percona)
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux systems and at least 5+ years of experience running and troubleshooting applications and services in production
- Proficiency with at least one automation technology such as Chef, Puppet, Terraform or Ansible
- Systems-related software development experience in Go, Ruby, Python, Java or similar languages
- Excellent communications skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers
- A BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program
- Encourage you to run projects which match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.