- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Product Management
As the Paid Search Lead with expertise in keyword search and ideally, past exposure/experience in GDN, you will join a small but growing, quantitatively-focused Paid Marketing function that is responsible for driving user acquisition. You will be entrusted to define the strategy and execute against a multi-quarter roadmap, building processes and defining the tools required to achieve growth goals. Because we are a small team we place high value on leaders who are keen to leverage their performance marketing skills across multiple channels to drive business growth. We’re looking for innovative marketers to join us and define the future of marketing at Wealthfront.
This role requires deep and hands-on Paid Search experience, and while our ideal candidate will also have experience with GDN, we would love to speak to you if Paid Search is where your expertise lies.
- Define and execute the paid search strategy for Wealthfront, growing the channel from a small, experimental channel to an always-on channel that contributes significantly to the business. Should this person have extensive experience with GDN, s/he will also be in-charge of defining GDN strategy
- Achieve paid search excellence through hands-on management and optimization to generate new user acquisition within our CAC goals
- Proactively identify opportunities for expansion and improvement through frequent keyword expansion and A/B testing of ads, bids, audiences, keywords, Landing Pages
- Develop relationships and work closely with reps from search engines leveraging their expertise where needed and gaining access to alpha/beta opportunities
- Work with the Director of Paid Marketing to create channel forecasts and budget recommendations, adjusting tactics and strategies based on learnings and opportunities
- Execute against and granularly manage key metrics across paid search program including budget pacing, New Customers, and CAC
- Create and manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize channel performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Work collaboratively across Product Marketing, Growth, Creative, Data Engineering and Analytics to advocate for the channel and secure the resources (e.g. LPs, copy, marketing experiments, back end analysis to develop life-time value based bidding) required to drive exponential channel growth
- Monitor and report on competitive activity across the organization to build awareness within the organization and develop our strategy to manage competitive pressure through innovative strategies in our campaigns
- Track, report and present campaign performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Deep familiarity with how keyword search works - you will be setting the foundation for this channel right from determining the best tracking to the ideal framework for A/B testing of ads, keywords, bids, LPs
- 6-8+ years of hands-on experience of building and growing the paid search channel at a high growth company - while keyword search expertise is critical, bonus points if you have successfully run and scaled GDN before
- Experience in user acquisition and performance marketing, deeply familiar with making decisions based on CAC/LTV
- Experience developing and managing paid search roadmaps, bonus points for developing and managing GDN roadmaps as well
- Ideally experienced in both Web & App Tracking/Attribution
- Ability to clearly communicate results, key learnings, and areas of opportunity - this role will be a senior role with frequent C-level visibility
- Attention to detail with regards to building out reporting, managing deadlines and juggling multiple projects
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation
- Structured thinker and strong problem-solving skills- there will be new challenges which will require an ability and interest in learning quickly
- Strong project management skills - this role requires a can-do attitude and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets, as well as a strong grasp of funnel analytics, A/B testing, and metrics driven performance marketing
- BA/BS degree
- Bias for action to succeed in a fast growing environment
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.