- United States
- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are looking for backend engineers to join our teams:
Investment – In this role, you will build the backend systems that our clients trust to automatically manage and trade more than $15B in assets using advanced tax-optimized investing strategies. Projects range from scaling and optimizing the performance of our current investing, trading, and brokerage systems to building new systems to facilitate new investment products and strategies.
Banking – In this role, you will build the backend systems that drive our cash account and the automation of money movement between all Wealthfront accounts. Projects include expanding our cash account with new features like debit cards and direct deposit, optimizing money movement to make it faster and simpler, and automating our clients’ finances to route money more intelligently.
Note: This role has the option to be based in Palo Alto CA, Boston MA, or remote (U.S).
- Work with a team of engineers to design and build new features or enhancements to existing features. This work will add capabilities to the various backend systems and services that support Wealthfront’s products, and will be done with automated instrumentation and monitoring to require minimal operational maintenance.
- Help improve the maintainability and stability of our codebase by working on fixing issues and adding necessary enhancements to our existing backend systems.
- Ensure that mission critical backend systems and services operate smoothly in production by triaging and resolving operational issues as part of a team of on-call engineers.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems.
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing and attending career fairs.
- 1-3 years of experience in developing backend components, services or APIs in Java or a similar language.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server).
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Real passion for working on platforms and backend systems that have measurable business impact and like working in a fast paced cross functional environment.
- Experience working with Spark pipelines is a plus.
- Knowledge of an ORM technology such as Hibernate is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of working with a dependency injection framework (one of Guice, Spring, Pico, Dagger) is a plus.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.