- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Dec. 8, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re looking for an iOS software engineer to join our Investing team. In this role, you will design, implement and ship client-facing features for our investing product suite. Our clients trust us to manage and trade more than $23B in assets using advanced tax-optimized investing strategies.The team uses Agile methodology to iterate quickly on projects and releases updates on a regular basis.
Note: This role has the option to be U.S.-based remote or based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the Investing team, you will:
- Collaborate with other engineers to build new features and enhance existing features for our world-class app
- Collaborate with our design team to create the best user experience for Wealthfront clients
- Own and support your own code while the app runs in production
- Get an opportunity to work with the leadership team to define Wealthfront’s strategy and impact long term product development
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience developing iOS apps in Xcode, iOS SDK, Swift and/or Objective-C
- Experience shipping an iOS or Mac app to the App Store
- Experience with OCMock, Cuckoo, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- A real passion for working on projects that have a measurable business impact and you enjoy working in a fast paced cross-functional environment
- BS or MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our semi-annual reviews
- Provide you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.