- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
We’re looking for an Android software engineer to join the Autopilot team. Autopilot is a product that helps clients put their extra cash to work by intelligently routing it to the right place at the right time. In this role, you will design, implement and ship automation features that benefit all clients. The team uses Agile methodology to iterate quickly on projects and releases updates on a regular basis.
Note: This role has the option to be U.S.-based remote or based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the Autopilot team, you will:
- Collaborate with other engineers to build new features and enhance existing features for our world-class app
- Collaborate with our design team to create the best user experience for Wealthfront clients
- Own and support your own code while the app runs in production
- Get an opportunity to work with the leadership team to define Wealthfront’s automation strategy and impact long term product development
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience developing Android apps in Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience shipping an Android app to Google Play
- Experience writing unit and integration tests on the Android platform
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- A real passion for working on projects that have a measurable business impact and you enjoy working in a fast paced cross-functional environment
- BS or MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our semi-annual reviews
- Provide you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.