- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Web Engineer to join the web team at Wealthfront. In this role, you will help grow product adoption among existing clients and drive new clients to Wealthfront products. Balances short projects with fast iteration and works across the entire suite of Wealthfront products. The team is highly responsive to new insights and product launches and moves quickly to address high leverage opportunities.
Note: This role has the option to be U.S.-based remote or based in Palo Alto, CA.
As a core member of the Web team, you will:
- Collaborate with a team of backend, and mobile engineers, PMs, and design to build new features and enhance existing features.
- Join other web engineers to triage and resolve operational issues, ensuring that mission-critical web systems and services operate smoothly across the web platform.
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the team
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 3+ years in a web engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (such as Express or Django) is a plus
- Experience working with design to build custom pages and components, with a focus on page speed performance and writing custom CSS to create pages that are responsive across a variety of screen sizes.
- Real passion for working on projects that have a measurable business impact and like working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Willing to dig into any part of code across different product lines.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science, math, physics, or related field
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a mentor who will guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects that match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and our bi-annual reviews
- Provide autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
- Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- About Wealthfront
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don’t just like, they love.