- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform that transforms multi-day travel companies’ traditional finances, communication, and marketing from a lot of manual paperwork to digital excellence fit for today’s modern travel industry.. We are a silicon valley VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated team.
Read about us on TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yoga + Life, Financial Times (FT), Skift, Lonely Planet, etc: www.wetravel.com/press
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups and would invite you to apply. We believe a diverse workforce is a highly productive one, so take a chance, send us your application even if you don’t meet all our requirements, we may surprise you!
As a Verification Specialist, you will be the champion of Wetravel’s Know Your Customer (KYC) processes.
In this role, you will be in charge of a seamless end to end verification process for new users on the Wetravel platform - from signing up to making their first payout. You will help in our continuous mission of ensuring safety and security of our platform by verifying the tour operators and trip organizers that are interested in using WeTravel. You will report directly to Wetravel’s Financial Controller.
You will primarily review required documentation submitted by our new users and assess their completeness and compliance with our specific content requirements. You will also work with our Customer Support Team regularly since you will be in touch with our potential customers and clients mainly via emails and our customer messaging platform.
Your main goal is to validate whether tour operators and trip organizers are who they say they are, they have not conducted anything fraudulent in the past, and that their trips are actually happening. You will conduct extensive research to verify information provided by new users during their onboarding into Wetravel and also assist in validating the complete banking information for their first payout.
You will also evaluate and report on any high-risk accounts on a monthly basis and implement any new customer processes and policies as you see fit.
Requirements / Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have experience in a fast paced environment, working with sensitive data
- Understanding of risk and compliance in the financial and regulatory environment is crucial
- Very strong attention to details and comfortable with reviewing external documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage other ad-hoc assignments
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in a financial, online gambling or banking institution
- Above average Excel / Google Sheet skills - pivot tables, look up tables, formulae’s.
- Spanish is a plus
- Attractive compensation
- Great offices in the heart of Amsterdam
- Great team retreats (usually close to a beach)
- Unlimited holidays!