- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
- Business Applications
WeTravel (www.wetravel.com) is an online fintech payment platform that transforms travel companies’ finances, communication, and marketing from a lot of manual paperwork to digital. We are a VC-backed company, bringing together a diverse and highly motivated team.
We are looking for a senior leader to join our team, a leader experienced enough to elevate the company from Series A to Series C/D funding round, grounded enough to get the company through growing pains of a scaleup, and empathetic enough to promote our company values.
The CRO will report to the CEO and Board of Directors. They will run and drive WeTravel’s Go-To-Market, including sales, marketing and support. The CRO will help drive strategy and oversee the exceptional execution of all GTM global markets.
This position presents the opportunity to work in a business-critical role in a rapidly growing company. You will also uphold our four core values:
- Be the solution - take ownership, drive collaboration
- Be resourceful - strive for new wins every day
- Be honest - default to transparency
- Be respectful - treat others like you want to be treated
- Drive growth - Oversee sales, marketing and business development functions
- Develop the ecosystem - Set and guide strategy to optimize ecosystem retention, monetization and growth
- Commercialize new revenue streams - Successfully launch and scale new revenue streams from Marketing, PR and Academy.
- Oversee the company’s international sales growth strategy.
- Scale the team - Hire, train and retain a highly skilled, diverse and effective Sales team.
- Own the P&L - Ensure that the organization and its leaders are delivering ‘investable plans’ for each planning cycle (short, mid, and long-term).
- Build scalable processes - Build departmental systems and automate processes to enable the company to scale while achieving efficiency gains and quality improvements on a sequential basis.
- Demonstrated leadership success in a high growth startup/scaleup (Series A to Series C)
- Experience driving a broad set of Go-To-Market departments (Sales, Marketing, Support/Operations)
- Proven ability to hire and retain top talent in a competitive market
- Experience growing a business and managing a P&L
- Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves attitude with the necessary drive and work ethic to maintain our high velocity as the company grows
- Executive-level, charismatic presence with the ability to establish relationships with key partners, influencers and decision-makers
- Proactive approach to management with proven ability to build successful teams
Nice to have
- Experience in the Payments or Fintech industry
- Alternatively, experience in SaaS operations or Travel technology
- Experience with B2B sales and marketing, in particular SMB software sales