- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Business Intelligence
We’re looking for an Analyst or a Senior Analyst to join our Treasury team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as an analyst and data scientist, and help deliver product experiences that delights our customers and drives our growth.
Office: Tallinn, Estonia
Salary ranges (Tallinn):
- Analyst: €2180 to €2890 monthly gross based on experience and interview outcomes*
- Senior Analyst: €2890 to €3590 monthly gross based on experience and interview outcomes*
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to join one of the core teams and help run the central engine of the company, delivering funds to wherever in the world our customers need them as efficiently as possible – by finding clever ways to predict volumes, using various trading strategies, and integrating cutting edge technologies.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Treasury team:
- You’ll be one of the owners of Treasury’s datasets, ensuring data and analytics assets are accurate, comprehensive, discoverable and leveraged by the Treasury team
- You will lead setting and monitoring the KPIs for Treasury Operations and uncover golden insights from data that will guide the next steps of the team
- You will help optimising and automating treasury operational decisions and their execution together with Operations Specialists, Product Managers and Data Scientists
- You will help to measure the impact of the new product features we are launching as a team
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as an Analyst –Analysts at Wise have a broad remit and skillset. You’ll develop to make real customer impact, from analysis to feature engineering
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You have experience working across product teams, supporting them with data, and driving operational change. Core to this will be the ability to define key product metrics and track ongoing product improvements. You should be comfortable defining metrics that track operational efficiency, cost and risk
- You have some knowledge of the financial world, or maybe it’s a hobby and you are interested to learn more
- Analysts at Wise pick the best tools for the job. You are good with SQL and Excel, and familiar with business intelligence tools like Looker
- You’re a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously and with teams located across our offices. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, prioritise your focus based on impact, and are able to own a project from start to finish
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into concise and actionable insights
- You are a story-teller of data and can communicate your findings to different stakeholders. You can summarise the complex, and present data visually in a way that makes people say “got it!”
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Experience in an analytical field such as mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, operations research, economics, etc
- Experience with either Python or R
- Experience with real life application of Machine Learning models
- Experience of working in payments industry
- Understanding of accounting principles
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Office: Tallinn, Estonia
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Hybrid working model – whether it’s working from home, working overseas, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential
- Annual personal development budget – whether it’s for books, courses, or conferences
- Visa and relocation support
- You can read more about our full benefits package here…