- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Data Science
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to join our Growth and Forecasting team, part of the broader FP&A. The team is responsible for the development of accurate forecasts and advanced analytics to ensure that we grow sustainably. You will work closely with data scientists and use data and models to generate and deliver insights on our growth drivers.
At Wise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder. You’ll need to:
- Build a solid understanding on the relationships between the behaviour of our customers and our growth drivers through data analysis and modelling.
- Create data driven stories explaining our growth that are shared internally with stakeholders and externally to our investors.
- Own the delivery of insights — build visualizations, dashboards and decks that tell the growth story.
- Own the data — you are responsible for the data pipeline that powers the forecasting models, the analysis, and the dashboards.
- Work together with data scientists to build and use technically advanced, robust, and accurate forecasting models.
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team can have more impact.
The experience you’ll need
- You’ll have 5+ years’ experience as a technical data analyst or equivalent.
- You have experience with complex data analysis, you generated and delivered insights and narratives, built and owned dashboards and visualizations.
- You’ve got very strong SQL skills and extensive experience with one of the BI and visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, Periscope, or Metabase).
- You are familiar with data pipelines and scheduling/workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi).
- You can take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into simple, elegant, and lovely solutions. You’re pragmatic and impact focused: you will choose Excel over Python if it is a better solution for the problem.
- You’ve worked with minimal direction before and are strong in structuring your approach to data analysis. You can communicate insights in a clear and structured manner both orally and in writing.
- Prior experience with Looker and Airflow, strong Python skills.
- You’ve worked with forecasting models before and have an understanding of statistics, econometrics, common machine learning algorithms.
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift).
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, whose roles in the Finance team include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.