- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
We’re only able to offer visa sponsorship for this role if you are currently residing in Singapore. With prevailing restrictions on global travel due to Covid-19, we’re not able to relocate any new joiners over the next few months. We encourage you to sign up for our job alerts to keep an eye on new roles posted as we’re hoping the situation will change soon.* Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Senior Front End Developer to join our mission and help provide our customers with the best experience possible when things don’t go smoothly. In this role, you’ll get to work on challenging technical problems across the full product life-cycle. You’ll be building complex systems that streamline problem solving that requires manual intervention.
How you’ll be contributing to our Engineering team:
- Help us take Wise to the next level as we scale to impact 100’s of millions more customers. You’ll hide away all the complexities under the hood of our product and build seamless experiences for our customers.
- Working on the core flow of Wise, you’ll help our customers in the time when things don’t go right by enabling internal operations teams to provide help swiftly.
- Create clear and helpful interfaces, whilst maintaining consistency, maintainability, performance and an understanding of what problems our customers might encounter along the way and how they can be solved.
- Contribute to the best practice guidelines with the goal of maintaining consistency, maintainability, performance and an understanding of what problems our customers might encounter along the way
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise, but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understands everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel (when things go back to normal) to work with our teams in London, Budapest and Tallinn.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What does it take?:
- A strong product mindset and passion for user experience, you prioritise work with the customers in mind and make data-driven decisions to fix customer pain-points
- Experience designing, building and maintaining complex frontend applications from scratch.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to non-technical audience
- You enjoy writing testable code and believe in Test Driven Development
- You feel comfortable with modern front-end frameworks and tools – React, Redux, Webpack and the like.
- You believe in and follow best coding practices, code reviews and open feedback
- You’re familiar with Continuous Delivery Approach mindset
- …but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
What the first six months in this role will look like:
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- Understanding the Wise domain (Fintech) and team specific domain (the problems they’re solving form, intricacies of the domains) (50+ eng teams, all have different domain specific topics, they’re grouped in tribes e.g. Crime Fighting (Fraud, AML), but they’re very different)
- Understanding tech culture: how we build stuff, specific details on the tech stack (in our autonomous teams, teams do lots of different things and work on different stacks so need to understand details)
- You’ll have deployed / gone through the entire lifecycle of a microservice on your own
- Gone through two quarterly plannings and proposed a few ideas to take your product further
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- Our Engineering career map
- …or check out our Engineering blog.
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Office Location: Singapore
- Salary range: S$ 110,000 – S$ 175,000 annually gross* based on experience and interview outcomes
- We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Stock options in a profitable company
- 21 days annual leave
- Paid sabbatical
- Medical insurance coverage
- Personal development allowance
- An annual, all-expenses-paid company trip, Summer Days
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Here’s a full breakdown of benefits for our people based in Singapore