- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Engineering QA
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators, and investors can trust us to be sustainable.
What you’ll be doing:
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives. It is barely possible to achieve a mission without making data driven decisions across the board at Wise.
As an Assurance Specialist, you would be joining the Margin Assurance team and become a part of the wider Finance Tribe. While people and teams at Wise get a ton of freedom and autonomy, we definitely have a focus on some particular long term objectives and key results. Your role will span across a variety of interesting tasks, challenges and responsibility areas like specific accounting postings, reconciliations, issue escalations and process improvements.
As the Finance Tribe is constantly growing, your day to day tasks are also subject to change over time. Depending on your own personal growth preferences and interests and our joint team prioritization across the board, you can focus on:
- Investigating and solving area specific operational issues related to incorrect postings
- Monitoring specific accounts and transactions, escalating issues and engaging in cross-team work
- With support from the team, be willing to use different technical tools to reconcile and post specific accounting entries
- Owning & improving documentation on internal processes in your domain
- Doing some manual journalling and helping to plan improvements around manually executed tasks (automation)
- Engaging operational teams in implementing controls and collecting evidence
The Margin Assurance team is located in Tallinn and you will have the option to work from our Tallinn office or remotely. The Finance team is spread across several locations in Europe (currently London & Tallinn) while stakeholders work across the globe – from Brazil to Australia.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you will have an opportunity to make impact on quality and accuracy for decision making based on margin data in one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility in your area of expertise
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – use and expand our current knowledge about processes and tools in order to support decision making, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow fast with Finance as well as the wider Wise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
The experience you’ll need
We’re looking for someone who’s happy and productive when working in a highly flexible, yet demanding startup environment. Do not expect a rigid job description and team structure – we work in an adaptive and flexible way which helps us to react quickly and work at speed.
- Experience in accounting or controlling
- Knowledge in financial reporting
- Positive and cooperative attitude combined with a hands-on approach – a ‘doer’
- Independent, solution driven thinker
- Not afraid of making decisions, can work autonomously and take initiative
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Bonus points for:
- Degree in accounting/finance/legal
- International experience: working experience abroad or in an international company, demonstrating ability to work across cultures and a good handling of cultural differences
- Experience with data querying and extraction tools
Some of your benefits:
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Generous parental leave
- A competitive compensation package
- Loads of development opportunities depending on your own input rather than a strict predetermined career ladder
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart, curious people
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.