- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
We’re looking for an AML Suspicious Activity Reporting Specialist to join our growing AML team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and financial crime and help save people’s money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by researching and creating suspicious activity reports.
If you enjoy writing and analysing information – this is a job for you! You should be precise and have an eye for detail.
We have a lot of excitement in our work, but you should also be able to tolerate some routine stuff that needs to be done. We are looking for someone who is a good team player and isn’t afraid to take responsibility.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML team:
- Preparing and submitting suspicious activity reports to different financial intelligence units globally.
- Independently conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiry with customers.
- Independently research and resolve issues while working across teams to acquire information.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- You’re located and legally authorised to work in Hungary.
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent.
- You have a curious mind.
- You can multitask and take charge in different situations.
- You’re skilled at recognising patterns, have strong attention to detail but also an ability to see the big picture and how the details fit together.
- Take responsibility in challenging situations.
- Preferably 1 – 3 years of experience in financial crime field (preferably in AML) or experience with investigative techniques and report writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English.
- In your cover letter please explain your interest in this role and why you want to join Wise.
- Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
Office: Budapest, Hungary
Salary range: Ft 625,000 gross monthly
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- Private healthcare plan, with additional 3 health days per year.
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- Wellbeing support – You and your family have access to an Employee Assistance Program, where you’ll be able to speak to qualified counsellors for support on anything that matters to you
- Working from home support – You’ll get financial support to help set up your home office, as we continue to work from home
- See the full list of our benefits here.