- Date Posted
- Dec. 1, 2021
We’re looking for a financial crime specialist to join our growing compliance team in Brussels. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact onWise’s mission, grow as a specialist in financial crime and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer truemulti-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by keeping the bad guys away.
- Support with the implementation of the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations and the continuous compliance with those
- Training of the compliance operational teams with regards to Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
- Implementation of upcoming Belgian AML regulations
- Drafting of the Wise Europe compliance operational policies
- Working with the product teams in order to ensure the compliance of the products offered by Wise Europe with the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s customers and products and how we are achieving Money Without Borders.
- Help keep our product safe from the bad guys.
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll be part of the compliance team in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
- Play a role in helping the Belgian authorities to protect customers, beyond just Wise.
A bit about you:
- Experience in the AML field (being part of the compliance team of a financial institution: KYC, transaction monitoring…)
- Curious mind and desire to investigate
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw insights from data and use that to drive decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations: you are able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Language: English & French or Dutch mandatory
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Previous experience in working in a compliance team of a financial institution regulated in Belgium
- Able to speak French fluently
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.