- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
Today, customers have paid over £2 billion into their borderless accounts and are saving themselves £60 million every month in bank fees. Yet we’re moving less than 1% of the world’s money. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
So, what’s the role?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our global finance team in a broad role with exposure to core Corporate Treasury operations and projects supporting the business to achieve its mission, with a specific focus on Corporate Treasury activities and liquidity management, you will be responsible for assessing and managing the liquidity position of group and subsidiaries corporate cash. You will also own and develop various Treasury processes and procedures while keeping track of regulatory liquidity requirements around the globe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build and maintain models and methodologies for liquidity forecasting for group and subsidiary companies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of liquidity regulation requirements for subsidiaries.
- Responsibility for short and medium term cash forecasts, including centralising and co-ordinating input from business units and incorporating longer term forecasts and Group budgets.
- Manage the intercompany loan facilities ,FX Hedging and external debt.
- Maintenance and update of the Treasury procedures;
- Report to senior management on cash reporting and recommend actions required to meet these demands.
- Recommend with, Financial Controllers, strategies for cash repatriation to parent company without disrupting local or parent entity liquidity requirements
- Control and report the corporate treasury owned risks and key results, building plans to mitigate material risks and improve key results.
- Our finance team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so do expect a lot of video-calls and some travel. Your work will be instrumental in creating and improving our Corporate Treasury function, making an impact on our customers’ lives by remaining compliant, saving money, reducing risk, and moving us closer to our mission of money without borders.
A bit about you:
- 3-5 years experience in a financial institution, Financial advisory or FinTech firm (preferably within a Treasury or Finance)
- Understanding of liquidity and capital regulations and risk management frameworks
- Experience in implementing FX hedging strategies, managing debt instruments and optimising intercompany funds flow
- Solid understanding of global financial markets, products, and key Treasury concepts.
- Communicated with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements etc
- Strong problem solving skills, you will be able to break down complex issues into their component parts, identifying the root cause and create elegant solutions (experience with SQL or other scripting language a plus)
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- Previously managed a complex stakeholder group internally and externally to the organisation
- Experience on using a Treasury Management System would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRS relevant to treasury e.g. hedging and FX.
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
Type of person:
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.