- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Compliance person to join the Wise family, who will work across our product and Compliance Operational teams to take the Company to the next level by maintaining a state-of-the-art financial crime program. This individual will work closely with our sanctions product team to ensure our sanctions program and tooling are industry leading.
- Collaborate with product teams to define controls and interpret regulation to ensure our in house built fraud and aml monitoring product is best in class
- Proactively identify and drive enhancements across our monitoring program by reflecting emerging typologies and regulatory requirements.
- Use data to define the effectiveness of controls and develop an ongoing testing program to ensure they remain effective
- Understand machine learning models and how to discuss these with regulators and bank partners by developing appropriate documentation with product and data scientists.
- Work with and support our product teams to implement and prioritise control improvements to strengthen our program while finding ways to create efficiencies
- As improvements are identified in audit or by third parties define project plans and facilitate their implementation
- Contribute to the mapping and assessment of controls as part of the annual financial crime risk assessment
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 3 years in monitoring experience either in fraud or AML with particular focus on machine learning models
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certification desirable
- Experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to develop financial crime controls. SQL or experience analysing complex data a plus!
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills.
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required when we can
- What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
- Please note applications for this role will be reviewed w/c 3rd January
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.