- Date Posted
- Nov. 17, 2021
This is a brilliant opportunity for you to gain two qualifications. On completing the 3 year training programme you will gain the ACA qualification from the ICAEW, as well as a level 7 apprenticeship qualification. You’ll be given a coach and training manager to support you throughout your apprenticeship. You’ll have the opportunity to build your technical skills while developing valuable practical skills and commercial knowledge.
- Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
- So, we’re building a new one.
- We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 11 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations. As a Wise graduate in Finance, you’ll make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators and investors can trust us to be sustainable.
How you’ll contribute to our Finance team:
Your role will span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe specialist teams. You’ll help us build a robust engine to account for, and report on our Mission. You’ll also support business stakeholders to expand and fuel our Mission around the world. When you join the graduate programme, we’ll jointly decide what your first focus areas will be, and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas, and help us achieve our mission.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you’ll have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
In your 3 rotations as a Graduate Specialist:
- You’ll onboard (remotely if necessary) and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how finance works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Accounting to Margin Assurance teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the culture. We work in autonomous teams, so you’ll need time to understand how that works
- Interpret accounting policies and standards and ensure our processes are set up effectively and efficiently
- Work closely with regional controllers to understand our entity financials and ensure compliance against our regulatory requirements
- Assist in the production of our financial reporting and analysis, helping stakeholders to measure and monitor our financial results
- Improve our ability to forecast by collaborating with business owners and understanding each department’s cost footprint
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are a final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Finance, Economics, Financial Technology, Data Science (or something similar)
- Experience in financial reporting and familiarity with accounting principles
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach and solution
- You can work with minimal direction beforehand and are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution
- You are open to and value feedback in order to improve
- You have the right to work in London
And these would be great, but aren’t essential:
- A previous finance internship, ideally at a fintech or start up
- Familiarity with SQL and/or experience using Python for data analysis
What you get back:
- Stock options in a growing company
- We’ll cover your ICAEW membership, tuition costs and exam fees
- Pet friendly offices
- Lots of team activities (currently being done remotely)
- A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.